Monday 28 March 2011

March 12, 2011

95)  C'est What, Toronto:  Coffee Oatmeal Stout by F & M Brewery of Ontario:  **1/2;  Thick, rich and hearty;

96)  C'est What:  Double Fuggled by Neustadt Springs of Ontario:  **:  Extra fuggles hops give this a strong hop aroma and taste - on cask

97)  C'est What:  Arkell Best Bitter by Wellington County Brewery of Ontario:  **;  very English:  a very nice bitter on cask and at under 4% abv it would work well as a session ale;

98)  Caffe Volo, Toronto:  Dude, Where's My Czar? by Great Lakes Brewery of Ontario:  **;  Russian Imperial Stout;  strong alcohol notes;  So far this is just about the best name for a beer this year, though Smashbomb Atomic IPA comes close.

99)  Caffe Volo:  My Bitterer Wife by Great Lakes Brewery:  **1/2;  Double IPA version of My Bitter Wife

100)  Caffe Volo:  Lazarus Breakfast Stout:  **;  Rich and delicious;

I don't want to leave the wrong impression - I knew that after the show when I got to the Volo for a night with Great Lakes brewmaster Mike Lackey I would have trouble making up my mind so it was small glasses all around.

Today is the feast of St. Fina, also known as Seraphina.

No comments:

Post a Comment