Sunday 10 April 2011

April 10, 2011

144)  Home:  Gemini Imperial Blended Ale by Southern Tier Brewing of New York. USA:  **1/2;  This is a blend of two Southern Tier Ales, Unearthly Imperial IPA and unfiltered Hoppe Extra Pale Ale;  because I could, I drank this head to head (forgive me) with Southern Tier's IPA, reviewed earlier:  I found the Gemini had a more pronounced hop aroma and more to the taste, though not quite so much more;  the Gemini is also stronger at 9.1%;  very much in the West Coast style which is strongly in favour these days;

I am 100 days into my quest and while I have a good pace going I remain apprehensive, knowing I will have fewer reasons to venture to Toronto come summer.

Today is the feast of St. Apollonuis (d. 250 AD) and St. Apollonius (d. 305 AD), not to mention St. Terence.

No comments:

Post a Comment