Thursday 2 June 2011

June 2, 2011

200)  Home:  Golden Crafted Ale (bracis-curmi) by The Celt Experience:  **;  Bracis-Curmi means malted beer;  milder, British, hops are used to give only hints of citrus;  another good summer beer;  I have never been much for summer beers but I have hit a good patch of late;

Having hit the 200 mark, I looked back and far and away the most different beers, some 110, were consumed at home so I owe a debt to the LCBO for bringing in so many new and uncommon beers.  Caffe Volo placed second at 17, followed by C'est What with 12 and the Burger Bar & Tequila Tavern with 10.

Ontario accounted for 110 different beers, and overall there were 126 Canadian brews of which Quebec takes credit for 14.  The next closest countries were England at 17 (if you rolled in Scotland and Wales the UK accounts for 28), the United States with 14 and Belgium with 10.

My most popular brewers were Mill Street with 9, followed by Great Lakes and Dieu du Ciel! each with 8.

To the best of my recollection the most expensive beer was Little Korkny Ale at $21.95 for a 600ml bottle and the least expensive was the Labatt's 50 at the Linsmore Tavern which was $1.15 for a tiny glass, though I ended up leaving $2.00. 

Onward to 365, and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment