Saturday 25 June 2011

June 24, 2011

225)  Home:  La Fin Du Monde by Unibroue of Quebec:  **;  a Belgian style triple;  I thought it would be appropriate on St. Jean Baptiste day, which I take off on the grounds that even if it is not a holiday nation-wide, it should be;  Unibroue is owned by Sleeman which in turn is owned by Sapporo of Japan;  translates as The End of the World;

226)  Home:  Shock Top by Shock Top Brewing of Missouri, U.S.A.:  *;  a rather ordinary Belgian style wheat ale brewed with coriander, orange, lemon and lime peel;  I recall being pleased with things in general the day I bought this as I had come across something moments earlier that I didn't expect to see, and had stopped looking for some time ago;  had I read the tin more thoroughly, I would have seen that Shock Top is a trademark owned by Anheuser-Busch;  it would have been revealing had I learned this after rating the beer but it wasn't bad and the hope is people may be encouraged to try other Belgian wheat or "wit" ales;  I can tell you Unibroue makes a good one in this style (Blanche du Chambly) which I enjoyed on a patio in Quebec City last summer;

No comments:

Post a Comment