Saturday 25 June 2011

June 25, 2011

227)  Home:  Patrick's Pick Extra Special Bitter by Trafalgar Ales & Meads of Ontario:  *1/2;  left over from St. Patrick's day;  scanned at the LCBO check-out as Elora ESB, but I supppose there's no harm in re-labelling something for the occasion - you might get a new customer from it;  it's quite malty;  a decade ago I visited the old Elora brewery site, since taken over by Trafalgar, but that was so long ago I cannot comment on if or how this one has changed;

Trafalgar came early to the craft beer party and they do have a lot of different products but for some reason it is fashionable to knock them;  I can't claim to have tried most of them but a scan of their list leads me to believe they don't mind taking chances, though I cannot attest to how they play out;  oddly enough, it was my daughter who spotted this on the shelf with the harps and shamrock on the label;

No comments:

Post a Comment