Thursday 9 June 2011

June 8, 2011

La Mondial de la Biere starts today in Montreal.  Owing to other events like a jazz festival and an automobile race the hotel was booked at least as early as November which was when I checked.  I suppose I could have found something along the subway line but this is not the year for me to attend.

I will console myself at the Volo, which to my mind is a lot like a miniature beer festival.  It can get pretty crowded for starters and you will see people studiously sniffing their beer and making copious notes.  You get asked a lot what you are drinking and what you think of it.

I should also mention C'est What and one server whose name I have not learned (shame on me).  This fellow is always asking what I am drinking and he will make suggestions based on his perception of my tastes (generally bang-on).

No comments:

Post a Comment