Thursday 18 August 2011

August 16, 2011

277)  Gambrinus in London, Ontario:  Tilburg's Dutch Brown Ale by Bierbrouwerij Koningshoeven B.V. of the Netherlands:  **;  notes of sweet fruit with chocolate and nutty flavours;

278)  Gambrinus:  Blanche de Chambly by Unibroue of Quebec:  **;  with the citrusy (orange) flavours, it went very well with our fish and chips;  I was reminded of enjoying this on a patio near the water in Quebec City on a warm day last summer;

Gambrinus is the patron saint of beer.  This place was called Chancey Smith's when it was first recommended to me.  I met a fellow named Adil at the Volo late last year.  He runs or helps run the bar at Gambrinus and he is a huge craft beer fan.  That night was a key event in that I enjoyed the evening so much I wrote down my beers which indirectly led me to this.  Adil was at Gambinus this night and I must have made an impression last December because he remembered me from the Volo.  He had recommended that I meet Milos but he wasn't in this night.  Everything you have heard about Gambrinus is true.  This is a must visit whenever you are in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment