Saturday 8 October 2011

October 2, 2011

I learned of a documentary called "Beertickers:  Beyond the Ale" filmed by Phil Parkin.  It follows his attempt to reach his 500th tick.  The catch is the "official" volume for ticking is an astounding 28 half pints - some three and one half growlers of beer.  In his blog, Appellation Beer, Stan Hieronymus comments, "This does not seem like a good idea."

What may be a good idea is to convert this site to a ticking log once the new year rolls around.  I had been wondering what to do once I reached my goal and this would keep me active and involved and with luck, I will pass up fewer favourites for the sake of getting closer to my goal.  Or not - a huge part of the fun has been trying new things and taking another look at beers I had once dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment