Saturday 24 December 2011

December 15, 2011

Readers may have gathered that I have many fond memories of a location on Victoria Street in Toronto, between Queen and Adelaide.  I liked it as Duggan's Brewery and particularly as Growlers. 

Growlers was fun because, perhaps unintentionally, it was extremely kid-friendly.  An enormous chesterfield snaked its way around the outer perimeter in a jagged fashion creating numerous enclaves and corners to limit a young one's ability to scamper off. 

The food was generally appetizer sized which was ideal for kids and people like me who couldn't make up their minds.

The latest attempt to make a go at this location will be coming from the Six Pints Specialty Beer Company, which is the division of Molson-Coors that operates their craft brewing lines like Creemore Springs and Granville Island.  The idea is to house their offices, use the brewing facilities for one-off beers and there is talk of a brewing museum on site.  It doesn't appear that there will be a pub to speak of but there will be kitchen facilities for events.

I am a lot less impressed with Creemore Springs than I once was.  This could be snobbery kicking after they were purchased by Molson's, or maybe my tastes have changed or maybe the background against which I am judging has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment