Monday 26 December 2011

December 21, 2011

On Saturday, I finally was able to pick up my bottle of Sam Adams' Utopias.  This was as much of an adventure as reserving the bottle was.

First off, the store never did phone me to let me know it was in.  I was fishing around the LCBO site on the previous day (which was four weeks after I paid for it) when I saw mention of how to get the free glass that was to come with the Utopias which implied to me that people were receiving their bottles.  I used the contact function and received a very fast reply informing me that it was indeed at the outlet I had chosen to pick it up from.  They just hadn't called yet.

I was without a car as I had plans to go into town and was taking the bus to and from Union Station but the next to last Friday before Christmas was not going to be any less busy than the next day.  It was quite a wait as the individual they sent to retrieve it not only seemed to wish he was doing something else but he had no concept what he was looking for.

At any rate, I did not drink it in the car on the way home and the beautiful ceramic bottle sits soon to be opened.  The tag on the neck of the bottle advises it is best consumed at room temperature,  I hear tell that when the beerbistro has Utopias they ask $20.00 for an ounce, but they do take your photo with the bottle.

Without having tried it yet, I think it is a safe bet that I will try to buy it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment