Monday 26 December 2011

December 23, 2011

387)  The Crown and Anchor, Brampton:  Lowenbrau Original by Lowenbrau Munchen of Germany:  *;  a very ordinary lager;

388)  Home:  Pepper Lime Lager by Dead Frog Brewery of British Columbia:  *1/2;  similar to the Mandarin Orange Amber Ale in that they use the oil of lime, as well as black pepper;  I can't help but thinking this would go well with Mexican food and it would probably be good to use in cooking;

Yes, I sort of knew what to expect from the Lowenbrau.  I was a tiny bit curious, though, having seen it advertised so much.  I was at the Crown and Anchor because I knew they had cider on tap and I was enjoying my visit so much that I used it as an excuse to stay longer.  I don't thnk the one barmaid stopped laughing the whole time I was there.

Another beer I think would be good to cook with is Dieu du Ciel's Route des Epices (Spice Route), a rye beer brewed with black and green peppercorns.  I think it would work with my hamburger stroganoff recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment