Thursday 29 December 2011

December 26, 2011

393)  Home:  Lager by Dead Frog Brewery of British Columbia:  *1/2;  a fairly typical lager with perhaps a little something special as lagers go, but not particularly distinctive;

394)  Home:  Spiced Rum Finish by Innis & Gunn of Scotland:  **1/2;  finished over oak infused with spiced Carribean rum;  marvelously complex and warming;  aged for 47 days prior to release;  from a gift pack I bought for myself, which comes with a very nice glass;

I have to admit, I did VERY well in terms of beer this Christmas.  People were more than kind. 

I was initially taken aback when my niece advised me that the grasshopper was from her but I was delighted to learn that she meant Grasshopper Wheat Ale by Big Rock.  My brother worked a miracle and found Black Coal Stout by Railway City which is basically unavailable.  My wife checked in with a pair of gift packs and my son presented me (if you will excuse the term) with six Netherworld by Flying Monkeys. 

I will be enjoying my Christmas beers well into January, if not February.  Luckily, at this time of year I am able to store what doesn't fit in the beer fridge in the garage without fear of spoilage by lack of refrigeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment