Thursday 29 December 2011

December 28, 2011

396)  Home:  Winter Beer 2011 by Innis & Gunn of Scotland:  **1/2;  I thought I detected less sweetness than in the Spiced Rum Finish;  there are notes of brown sugar and dried fruit;  dark, rich caramel flavours;  matured for 48 days;

I should use this space to declare that my wife "got" Innis & Gunn long before I did. 

Their web-site has received a good deal of praise of late:  http://www.innisandgunn.com/.  It is worth a visit just for the story of how they came to create their beers in the manner that they do. 

As best I can tell, the only way to get the Winter Beer 2011, not to mention the Spiced Rum Finish, is in the gift pack with the glass and I am sorely tempted to purchase another.  I am starting to see the original Innis & Gunn on draught.  I had a glass at the beerbistro and it is quite a treat on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment