Tuesday 2 October 2012

February 19, 2012

28/428)  The Monk's Kettle:  Cuvee by Nickel Brook of Ontario:  **;  cidery champagne-like nose;  biscuity with hints of apple cider;

29/429)  Henry VIII Ale House, Etobicoke:  English Ale by Tetley's of England:  *1/2;  creamy head;  nose is mildly bitter English hops;  English hops are well balanced with maltiness;  I guess I could work on a joke involving the head and Henry's fondness for cutting heads off but I imagine few would find it worth my efforts;

Henry VIII is not my favourite monarch, being a Tudor and all that, but the ale house is a reasonable place and the service is good.  This was the newer location.  I think Bloor West Village may be a more accurate description of the location, rather then Etobicoke.  I have been to the other one, which is undeniably in Etobicoke.  The reason for today's visit is it is near where the Windermere String Quartet performs.

No comments:

Post a Comment