Sunday 4 November 2012

June 21, 2012

102/502)  Home:  Hopfen Weisse by G. Schneider & Sohn of Germany:  *1/2; an 8.2% dry-hopped weissebock, the product of a collaboration with Brooklyn Brewery of New York;  it's unfiltered so it pours cloudy;  the nose is a blend of almost Belgian style style sweetness and hops;  tastes like a hoppy wheat beer;  opens with banana and cloves typical of a weiss and the finish has a muted hop edge with faint notes of alcohol;  as hybrids go not so bad;  ferments in the bottle - one wonders how accurate that 8.2% figure can be; 

103/503)  Home:  Pabst Blue Ribbon by Stroh's Canada which may be the same as Sleemans of Ontario:  *1/2;  it's on the list of 1001 beers I "must" try so I wanted to document it;  I tried it before in 1983 on a Bud Run to Buffalo and also in Indianapolis that same summer so maybe there's a bit of sentiment to this - my closest friend at the time used to think this was pretty special;  PBR was selected America's best in 1893;  one can seee why US trendies go for this beer;  it's very unchallenging, very easy drinking;  I think I can smell the corn they used to brew it;

No comments:

Post a Comment