Thursday 27 June 2013

January 28, 2013

I suppose I should explain what might appear to some to be a fixation with abv.  My view is that it is always good to be able to make an informed choice.  I can recalling going back for seconds and beyond and experiencing a stronger reaction than expected, only to learn later that this was an unusually strong beer I was enjoying. 

I started on this line of thinking quite some time ago when my wife's uncle brought a beer labelled "strong ale" from England for me.  It was the sort that made you nod your head and give a tiny fist pump but when I looked back at the tin it was a mere 3.2%.  My philosophy is to brew your very best beer and let the alcohol land wherever it does.  I just like to know if I need to trim back my consumption or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment