Monday 5 August 2013

April 21, 2013

77/725)  Home:  Grizzly Beer by Bellwoods Brewery of Ontario:  **;  a 6.2% American brown ale;  citrusy, hoppy nose;  chestnut colour;  tastes malty with a hint of mocha, brown sugary finish with mildly bitter hop notes;

The name, as opposed to the beer itself, brings back memories of Amstel's Grizzly beer which was a favourite of mine back in the day.  They had great radio ads as well.  I miss that beer.  Maybe I can come up with a list of a dozen beers I wish we could have back.

This was my way of marking Bellwoods' first anniversary.  In one short year they have not only taken Toronto's craft brewing scene by storm but also Toronto's hipster scene.  I have only experienced the retail counter.  The seating area is almost always full.



Yes, they all look like this but new, individualized bottles are on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment