Sunday 11 August 2013

July 12, 2013

145/793) Home:  Moinette Brune by Brasserie Dupont of Belgium:  **1/2;  8.5%;  bottle fermented;  sugar added * I am seeing this often with Belgian brews;  nose of dried fruit, dark sugar and yeast;  notes of sweet burnt sugar with a touch of fruitiness;  Very nice, indeed;

146/794) Home:  Monk's Stout by Brasserie Dupont of Belgium:  *1/2;  5.2%;  also brewed with sugar;  nose is coffee;  mild coffee notes;  somewhat non-descript beyond that;

147/795)  The Philippine Pavillion at Carabram:  Red Horse by San Miguel Brewery Inc. of the Philippines:  *1/2;   7%;  elsewhere on the label it is credited to the Polo Brewery which I take to be a Creemore/Molson sort of arrangement;  I thought I detected notes of sugar cane;  almost candy like herbal, rooty notes;  I have seen this described as a malt liquor;  my wife liked it more than I did;


The LCBO's Brasserie Dupont feature

No comments:

Post a Comment