Tuesday 6 August 2013

May 16, 2013


99/747) Caffe Volo:  XS Imperial IPA by Rogue Brewery of Oregon:  **:  9.5%;  earthy hop nose;  bitter hop notes;

100/748) Caffe Volo:  6-4-3 Double IPA by Left Field Brewery of Ontario:  ***;  8.4%;  bright orangey yellow;  earthy, sweet, tropical, almost wine-like nose with resiny citrusy hop notes;  a "wow" moment, this has become my favourite DIPA;  if you see it on the chalkboard, order it;

101/749) Caffe Volo:  Immodest Imperial IPA by Nickel Brook of Ontario:  **; 9.3%;  nose is bitter but there are sweet, citrusy, resiny notes;  strong hop flavours with mildly sweet fruity finish; 

I have seen photos of bottles of Left Field Brewery's products but I have no idea whether or not they have an outlet where I can buy their wares.  So far, no reply to my query by way of the Contact Us button.  No fooling, this is a great beer and I will travel to find it.

I guess it was a night for IPAs.  I met an interesting fellow named Andrew who has draught lines in basement!  What a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment