Wednesday 20 November 2013

November 13, 2013

277/925)  Home:  i-Stout by 8 Wired Brewing of New Zealand:  **1/2;  10%;  created by a Danish brewer based in Marlborough, New Zealand;  a Russian Imperial Stout;  raisin, licorice, dates in nose;  tastes of black coffee with notes alcohol, dried fruit;

I had no idea Apple was in the brewing game. 

Yes, I did work on that one for a while.

But enough levity.  As I was leaving Tracks (Wednesday is cheap beer night) Brian met me at the doorway and informed me that he would be giving his notice at the end of the shift.  As I have said before, Brian is the finest of his kind - the very best bartender fortune could favour anyone to meet.

We could see it coming.  In spring he moved an hour north of us and now with winter approaching he has purchased a fish and chips operation about a half hour away from his new residence.  His first shift at Tracks Brewpub was March 25, 1986.  I work with people who were not born then.  He has worked in the kitchen and he was even brewmaster for a time.

He will be missed but I have thought about myself enough.  We all wish Brian the very best in his new venture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment