Sunday 17 November 2013

September 22, 2013


236/884)  Home:  Skull Splitter by Orkney Brewery of Scotland:  **1/2;  "5000 years in the making";  named for Thorfinn Hauskaluif, a 7th century Viking Earl of Orkney;  spiced nose with dried fruit notes;  spiced, gingery, brown sugar notes and fruit flavours;

237/885)  Home:  Pauwel Kwak by Brouwerij Bosteels of Belgium:  **1/2;  8.4%;  malty, slightly fruity nose;  spicy fruity flavours; 

238/886)  Home:  Oktobock by Beau's All Natural Brewing of Ontario:  *1/2; 7% abv; Wild Oats #24;  a Maibock reinterpreted;  malty, peppery, almost smoky nose;  malty with a peppery finish;

I suppose I didn't have the full Pauwel Kwak experience.  The is supposed to be consumed out of a tall glass supported in a wooden stand but I wasn't keen on spending a lot of money on e-Bay to buy this.  Some day I might try it at the beerbistro where I think they have the proper gear or Sin and Redemption where I know they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment