Monday 21 April 2014

December 6, 2013

I am going to go on a bit, again.  I am tiring of seeing podunks far smaller than Brampton opening up craft breweries.  How can people be so certain that Brampton cannot support one?

Back in the day I can recall a short-lived enterprise - York Brewing, I think it was called.  I am pretty sure I still have an empty somewhere in the basement.   For a while we had Cool Brewing but it moved to Etobicoke and currently Hop City, Moosehead's stealth craft brewery, is nearby.

There has been talk of re-locating our farmers' market and making it a permanent in door facility which gives one hope.

My concept for Brampton Brewing (I've already thought up a name) is for a flagship beer and a series of seasonals.  I like the idea of Fennel Lager brewed with fennel root, to keep the mayor's lawyers at bay. Mind, this did not stop Chuck Norris' lawyers from writing the brewers of Chuck Noris Roundhouse IPA.  Clearly, I have not thought this one through entirely but it's almost time for me to be looking for another line of work, after all.

Oh yes, it is the feast of St. Nicholas today:  time for a Samichlaus.


No comments:

Post a Comment