Saturday 6 September 2014

January 16,, 2014

11/992) Home:  Sunturnbrew by Nøgne Ø of Norway:  1/2;  11%;  very dark;  brewed with malted barley, rye and wheat;  brewed every December 21st, the day Norwegians traditionally believe the sun changes direction;  peaty, smokey nose;  burnt peat taste with a touch of sweetness;  I found it absolutely awful - I couldn't finish it:  this seldom  happens;

12/993) Home:  Midvinterblot by Sigtuna Bryghus of Sweden:  **;  8%;  bottle is entirely in Swedish but it seemed to sneak past the bilingualism police;  perhaps they were busy harassing the purveyors of British sweets as is their wont;  at any rate, I was able learn very little before tasting and maybe it is a Good Thing to go into these things "blind"; roasty, grainy nose;  I thought I detected a hint of smoke maybe I'm still traumatized after that last one;  sweet coffee notes, rich pleasant bitter chocolaty finish;

A few dark beers:


No comments:

Post a Comment