Saturday 6 September 2014

January 18, 2014

13/994)  Home:  Black Magic Woman by Hornbeer of Denmark:  *;  10%;  brewed with roasted malt, peat smoked malt, birch smoked malt, caramel and ale malts; the nose is sweet and chocolaty with smoke;  not nearly as revolting as the Sunturnbrew of a couple of days ago, which tasted as I imagine the ash trays did at end of night in the (un-missed) days when one could smoke indoors;  peaty, chocolate notes with a finish like a cigarette butt;  I was, however, able to finish this one but just the same it's one and done for this beer;

14/995)  Home:  Hipster Ale by Eviltwin Brewing of Connecticut:  *1/2;  a 5.5% APA;  "an homage to you - the global hipster"; citrusy, pleasantly hopped nose;  to my hop-scarred palate it tastes a bit washed out;  it's certainly not over the top just modestly bitter;

My eldest son has accused me of being a hipster so I appreciated the joke as much as the gesture when he presented me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment