Wednesday 8 October 2014

August 28, 2014

204/1185) Home:  Porter by Labatts of Quebec:  *1/2;  I had no idea this was still made; it is only available in Quebec, which causes me to wonder why I shouldn't be able to get this in Ontario;  there is limited, which is to say no, information about this one on Labatts' website;  one could be forgiven for not identifying this as a porter;  it features unusually sweet notes of chocolate and coffee, even cola flavours;  I would say that it's OK, for a Labatts product it's very good but by no means is this my favourite porter;

Now I wonder if I will find Labatts IPA any time soon.

205/1186) Home:  The Bold - Belgian Pale Ale by Dead Frog of British Columbia:  **;  5%, 27 ibu;  unfiltered;  bitter, hoppy nose;  there is a bitterness, courtesy Cascade and Columbus hops that lingers into the after taste; towards the close, fruitiness and spices characteristic of Belgian beers come in to play;

No comments:

Post a Comment