Sunday 13 September 2015

September 4, 2015

207/1481) Dum Dum's in Brampton:  Belgian Moon by Molson Coors of Ontario:  *;  this is Blue Moon (and not Rickard's White - here we taste it before we review it) re-tooled for the Canadian market - cue the hysteria from the bloggers;  pours hazy with an orangey nose;  faint yeast and orange zest flavours;  there is  an artificial, off-putting sweetness;  a disappointment;

Sadly, this won't buy back my street cred.  Evidently, I need to submit a scathingly and insufferably condescending review without having gone through the exercise of trying it for that to happen.

Dum Dum's is a relatively new operation in a spot that has hosted a number of short-lived pubs.  I think we all like to say the name (I hear tell it is the proprietor's nickname).  Dum Dum's has attracted a number of individuals who feel less committed to Tracks Brewpub now that Brian is gone so I am assured a familiar face or two when I show up, which is usually for a glass of cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment