Monday 14 December 2015

October 5, 2015

233/1507)  C'est What:  Polar Pumpkin by Barnstormer Brewing of Ontario:  **1/2;  7.1%, 31 ibu;  forward spiced nose, heavy on the pumpkin;  tastes of pumpkin, vanilla and warming spices - plenty of "Ginger" (at this point my tasting notes mention that I prefer Maryann - this was not the first drink of the day);  spicy after taste;

I fall into the group of beer drinkers who like pumpkin beers.  It is a matter of some controversy.

Today I noticed that the former Spotted Dick is now the Firkin on Bloor.  That chain is buying up everything in sight.  I did not step inside and now I regret it.  I wonder how much of the personality remains.  They had some good NTN Trivia players back in the day but what I always enjoyed was the sheer variety of people that frequented this joint, from bankers to inebriates to y-people to students, it was quite a mix and it made a night out a whole lot of fun.  Interestingly, the same individual who introduced me to the Spotted Dick also acquainted me with the Hop and Grape, which sadly is no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment