Tuesday 24 May 2016

February 19, 2016

26/1611) Monk's Kettle, Etobicoke:  Midnight Mass by Brimstone Brewing Co. of Ontario:  **1/2; 6.6%, 35 ibu;  a Chicory Oatmeal stout;  dry, grainy, mocha nose;  uncommonly dry, almost bitter with notes of mocha;

I admit that part of the reason for this selection was so that when I got home I could say it was Midnight Mass that caused me to be so late but by any name this is a great beer.

This was after the Art of Time Ensemble's performance of  Zappa:  The Genius of Irreverence of Genius.  There were enough Zappa fanatics among the season subscribers to make things interesting.  At one point between numbers someone bellowed, "Turn the guitar player loose!" (and they did, too).

I made a point of passing by 75 Victoria Street on my way and the window still reads, "Local love from Creemore."

No comments:

Post a Comment