Tuesday 11 October 2016

July 28, 2016

139/1724) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  I'm The Lady You've Looked For by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  **1/2;  cask;  brewed with pineapple, coconut and Amarillo hops;  cloudy, opaque;  from the bar where the glass sits it is the sweet coconut that is most noticeable but as I raise my glass the dry acidic pineapple comes on strongly;  it is the pineapple that is most prominent at first with the coconut appearing towards the finish with gentle hop notes lingering in the background throughout;

I appreciated the  reference to Rupert Holmes's "Escape (the Pina Colada Song)" which was the last #1 song of the 1970s and the first of the 1980s.  Had it been less than a two and a half star brew I would have added a half star for that alone.  I fear I turn into Brian Ferry after a couple of drinks, though I am smart enough to know only he could get away with a leather jacket and a bow-tie like in the "More Than this" video.

No comments:

Post a Comment