Wednesday 19 October 2016

September 15, 2016

176/1761) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  "Cask B" by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  **;  this is the Flanders Saison, which I tried a couple of days ago, brewed with a tea blend and honey;   cloudy;  sweet honey nose;  opens with sweet honey - the tea appears soon after;  finish is mildly spiced tannins;

177/1762) The 3 Brewers, Heartland:  "Cask A" by The 3 Brewers of Ontario:  *1/2;   Flanders Saison brewed with sage, rosemary and thyme (but no parsley);   it's cloudy but paler than the first, also more persistent head;  tastes like the best stuffing you ever ate;  plenty of sage and it seems to work against the saison backdrop;  still, I am not sure how often I would want to drink this one;

This was a change of mind -  I wasn't going to try this one but by doing so I could cast a ballot on my favourite in the "Cask Battle" for a chance to create a cask with the brewmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment