Thursday 9 February 2017

January 25, 2017

39/1857) Home:  De Mons Belgian Abbey by The Inveralmond Brewery of Scotland:  *;  brewed with barley and wheat;  from their Inspiration Series, #2;  this is their take on a Trappist beer;  it's vaguely like a Trappist with a faintly yeasty, fruity nose;  bland taste, hints of fruit and malt;

I am taking Scotland out of turn in my journey through the 2016 Beer Advent Calendar today in honour of Robbie Burns Day.  Sure, I am a mongrel, and my children moreso, but my father's mother was a McCordick and my mother was an Armstrong.

40/1858) Home:  Clootie Dumpling by The Orkney Brewery of Scotland:  **1/2;  named for the traditional Scottish spiced pudding and the cloth (cloot) it is wrapped in;  brewed with wheat and barley as well as cinnamon, sugar, allspice;  dark brown;  the nose features all three spices;  delicious gingerbread like flavors but not sweet;

No fooling, I am going to seek out a Scottish bakery and bring home a few Clootie Dumplings.


Lang may yer lum reek.

No comments:

Post a Comment